bend our visions

Odpovědět [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Banning
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

bend our visions

Příspěvek od Banning » Stř 16. Zář 2020 8:15:34

If fashion's taught us anything in recent seasons, it's that we shouldn't handbags be so scared of the '80s. Bring on the statement sleeves, the biker shorts, the blue eye shadow (done differently and with restraint), and the leopard print. Many might be pushing for minimalism given the tough times we're facing, but Olivier Rousteing has (and will) never be a minimalist.

Enter his riff on bridal maximalism, mixed with what seems like an ode to Christian Dior's iconic Junon gown. Bring on the ruffles, the supersized waist cinch, and the layers—and cap off the look with easy glam and long leather gloves for a bridal look that feels extra, but also like you woke up like this.

It felt wildly romantic to wrap up a perfect year of falling in love with our own kind of perfect ceremony. And it felt deeply satisfying to me, a person who is surrounded daily by stressed-out brides, to plan my own wedding in a matter of cocktail dresses hours.

Date and details set, I figured making my gown would be no problem whatsoever. After all, I would love to wear any of the gowns I design! But I felt nagged by the urge to be unique, to design something memorable and inspiring. What I love about a wedding gown is that it’s almost purely emotional and not at all practical. It’s a piece of interactive art. Imagining a wedding gown as a way not to transform but to reveal a woman’s true beauty has provided me endless inspiration. However, when I turned my gaze to the mirror, it became cripplingly difficult to decide how exactly to dress myself.

With endless design options and only a few short months to execute it, my head swirled. I imagined a free-formed tulle skirt in layers of deep purples and magenta, paired with a long-sleeved bodysuit ecstatically embroidered with a rainbow of floral motifs. Or perhaps I would craft a sweeping emerald green satin gown, encrusted with museum-worthy beadwork. I was fairly certain at the time that I would not wear ivory or white — frankly, after making several thousand white gowns, I salivated for a fresh palette.

Decision fatigue and information overload can be problems for most brides. In my case, the paralysis became quite real. I also started feeling acutely aware that I would want to share my photos on social media for my brand — and that I had not hit the gym in months.

There came a morning just one month before our elopement when I had to give myself the same “talk” I often give my clients: Breathe. Reduce the noise, focus on your vows, keep the energy around your gown light. And for God’s sake, woman, don’t think of your wedding as an Instagram photo shoot!

With my newfound peace of mind, I decided to make my gown out of materials I already owned. I gravitated toward a length of ivory French lace that I had used for my debut collection and still love dearly. I opted to create a streamlined silhouette referencing the Western pioneer women of the late 1800s, who were my ancestors. My Brooklyn team deftly tailored the custom sleeves, which we added to our signature sheath shape. I finished off the look with an ivory organza overskirt I borrowed from my shop and a custom veil and accessories created by close industry friends.

I love what I wore, but much more important I love that I am now married to my best friend. I’m utterly grateful that we have each other to lean on through these very hard times. I’m grateful that we, as I hope many will find ways to do, consecrated our vows in our own style. Although we had to hastily decide to postpone our March 21 reception, we know we will celebrate together when the time is right.

Odpovědět [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable